Thursday, March 18, 2010

Continued Co-habitation

The last couple days have been busy with work and then home activities. As I mentioned on the last post I'm sleeping upstairs in the guest room while she takes up the master suite. I'm still keeping all my clothes down there and using the master bath for showers and getting ready. Just sleeping and ending my nights up here where I currently sit writing this post.

She and I went and did some shopping today. Found a beautiful quilt on sale for $99, as well as a bedside lamp. The guest room is gradually shaping up to be a pretty comfortable place for me. I love the king sized mattress, it's quite comfortable. This weekend, while she's gone back home for a visit with her mom and friends, I'll continue to do some "fixing up" to make the room even better. There's already a fairly fresh coat of paint on the walls. The soon to be ex (I think I'll give her a name from here on out - Jenny) and I continue to get along just fine. There was a slight bump in the road last night where I got a bit down and she could tell. I explained to her that I was totally in agreement with the divorce. The only thing that saddens me is the fact that she's pretty much my best friend and I'm going to miss her. You just can't live with someone for 7 years and, even though it wasn't always great, we still had our share of some good quality times. It depresses me to think that it'll all be coming to an end someday soon and that we'll probably, in all actuality, never see each other again. It can be hard for me to accept that she's all excited about moving on and I'm struggling with the knowledge, even though I know it's best for both of us. I'm sure this will be something that will come in time.

Tonight we did some more talking. She's adamant that we remain the best of friends. Forever. She wants to keep in touch, once she's gone, and see each other every so often. She wants to remain a part of the children's lives and keep in touch with them as well. She's just very excited to be able to begin her life again back home in Tennessee. Jenny has said that she's going to turn 40 this year and she wants this to be "her year" to do all the things she's missed out on over the past few years. She's said she knows without a doubt that I'm really a good man, a good friend, good dad and that everything is going to work out for the best for both of us. She's said, "you're a good looking, sexy guy and you'll have no trouble attracting women who are going to want to be with you". But most of all, tonight at dinner, she looked me in the eyes and said, with total conviction, that she forgives me for what I did. She then went on to again stress that she wants to be friends.

Sounds good to me! It's hard to believe it's been three weeks today since she moved out.

I've not been able to attend AA Meetings over the past two days. I won't be able to go to my regular one tomorrow either. I've got to meet her around 1pm to sign the divorce papers, then she'll be leaving to go spend the weekend back home in Tennessee again.

I'm still sober, and tomorrow will be 20 days! It's hard to believe it's been that long so far and I'm so thankful that I've not craved the booze in the least.

I'll post again this weekend, and maybe it'll be time to put down for the record what exactly it was that caused our break up. Till then, TGIF!