Sunday, March 7, 2010

I got the call...

I mentioned in my last journal entry that I was dreading when she finally called or texted me again. It had been since Thursday morning since I had last heard from her, via text. Well, she called this afternoon around 2:35 as she was driving back into town from her weekend in Tennessee. I was in my, newly cleaned and organized, office working on an auto expense report when the cell call came in. I looked down and saw her name on the screen and nearly shat my pants! I answered and we proceeded to have a 19 minute conversation.

It was okay, and I think I did alright under the circumstances. She's concerned about the debt and her credit and how it will all be affected. She's not as optimistic that things will be as good for her as she was last time we talked. Discussing our finances, or listening to her discuss them rather, pretty much made up the bulk of the call. We did discuss my sobriety and I told her about all the chores I had done around the house. She was polite, but her mind seemed elsewhere. Or at least that's how I interpreted the responses she would make.

We made plans for her to come over Tuesday to go over some more of the financial stuff. She mentioned she didn't know how she would end up affording her own place, and that she may only stay in the area through summer, before moving back to Tennessee with her mother. At this point I just bit the bullet and told her she was more than welcome to just move back in here. It is still her house too. I said that I would leave her alone, that I'm a totally different person sober and that we wouldn't have any problems. She said that she had actually considered that, and that is was a possibility. We ended the conversation with me telling her to have a safe trip back into town and she thanked me.

Whew! I've waited 4 days for a conversation with her and I got 19 minutes. I'm not sure how I feel about it all, but in all honesty I do feel better than I thought I would. By that I mean I didn't get off the phone and instantly start pining for her like I feared. Hmm, wonder that that might mean?

At 4 I went to an AA Meeting with a group I had never met with before. It was nice, and very intimate. There were only 10 of us there. I enjoyed it and will probably go back to their meeting again next Sunday. I came home, made dinner for me and the kids, then did yet another expense report. Now I'm trying to decide between The Oscar's or the Big Love season finale. Thank God for Tivo!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...no alcohol cravings this afternoon/evening. Thank God for that too!